This BLS CPR Instructor Renewal Course is designed to recertify existing BLS Instructors who have met the requirements to continue teaching all “BLS and Heartsaver CPR and First Aid” classes.
Make sure your current instructor card reads, “BLS” Instructor. If it is labeled “Heartsaver” Instructor, this is not the course you need.
- Be accepted into an AHA Training Center**
- A current AHA BLS Instructor card*
- Verification of teaching at least 4 classes during the previous certification period. No Exceptions!
- Registered with the AHA Instructor Network (see instructions here)
- You must bring your Instructor ID # to class. If you have forgotten your number, call 1-800-242-8721. Do not create a new instructor account!
- Completion Certificate for the online course, BLS Instructor Essentials (optional unless required by your primary TC).
Instructor candidates are responsible for acquiring their own instructor and provider manuals (must be the latest edition, having the new guidelines). THE INSTRUCTOR MANUALS MUST BE BROUGHT TO CLASS IN ORDER FOR YOU TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR RE-CERTIFICATION.
The required books for a BLS instructor are:
- BLS Instructor Candidate Workbook – free resource available in the Resources section of
the BLS Instructor Essentials Online course.
- BLS Instructor Manual 2015 – Item #: 15-1009 ISBN: 978-1-1-61669-406-7
- BLS Instructor Essentials Online course completion certificate – AHA product #15-1420; available through AHA ECC Distributors
- BLS Provider Manual 2015 – Item #: 15-1010 ISBN: 978-1-61669-407-4
And tell them The STL HERO NETWORK referred you!
|Date/Time:||Wed 4/3/2019 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM|
|Location:||St. Charles County Ambulance District Training Center|
|Notes:||This class is intended only for Instructors certified to teach BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR.|