This BLS CPR Instructor Course is designed to prepare individuals to become instructors for “BLS” as well as all “Heartsaver” CPR and First Aid classes.
Make sure your current provider card reads, “BLS.” If it is labeled “Heartsaver,” this is not the course you need.
- Be accepted into an AHA Training Center (please see restrictions below**).
- A current AHA BLS Provider card*
- Registered with the AHA Instructor Network.
- Completion Certificate for the online course, BLS Instructor Essentials.
Instructor candidates are responsible for acquiring their own instructor and provider manuals (must be the latest edition, having the new guidelines). THE MANUALS MUST BE BROUGHT TO THE CLASSROOM SESSION IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE AN AHA CPR INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION CARD.
The required books for a BLS instructor are:
- BLS Instructor Candidate Workbook – free resource available in the Resources section of
the BLS Instructor Essentials Online course.
- BLS Instructor Manual 2015 – Item #: 15-1009 ISBN: 978-1-1-61669-406-7
- BLS Instructor Essentials Online course completion certificate – AHA product #15-1420; available through AHA ECC Distributors
- BLS Provider Manual 2015 – Item #: 15-1010 ISBN: 978-1-61669-407-4
And tell them The STL HERO NETWORK referred you!
|Date/Time:||Fri 11/15/2019 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM|
|Location:||St. Charles County Ambulance District Training Center|
|Notes:||Only persons possessing a BLS for Healthcare Provider card can become an Instructor in this discipline. If your CPR card reads “Heartsaver,” you need to register for the Heartsaver Instructor course. Thank you|