The BLS Provider Course (formerly called “BLS for Healthcare Providers”) is designed for healthcare professionals and others seeking CPR training & certification.
Such professionals include, but are not limited to, nurses, physicians, EMS providers, students in a healthcare-related field of study, & allied health workers (e.g., physical therapists, occupational therapist, athletic trainers, etc.).
The program teaches:
* Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
* The AHA Chain of Survival
* 1-Rescuer CPR/AED for Adult/Child/Infant
* 2-Rescuer CPR/AED for Adult/Child/Infant
* Ventilation techniques using a bag-mask, barrier device, and advanced airways.
* Choking intervention
To successfully complete the course & receive BLS Provider certification, the student must pass achieve a minimum score of 84% on the written examination and demonstrate skills competency by performing:
- 1 and 2-Rescuer Adult (includes the use of a pocket mask, AED, and bag-mask device)
- 1 and 2-Rescuer Infant (includes the use of a pocket mask, AED, and bag-mask device)
The student is responsible for acquiring the newest edition of the textbook & bringing it to class. Please note that failure to bring this book to class will cause the student to be ineligible to take the course, & he/she will be required to reschedule to a later date.
And tell them The STL HERO NETWORK referred you!
|Date/Time:||Sat 5/18/2019 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM|
|Location:||St. Charles County Ambulance District Training Center|