The ACLS Instructor Renewal Course is designed for existing ACLS instructors eligible for instructor status renewal.
As a bonus, this class also offers BLS Provider recertification (when you bring a valid HeartCode BLS certificate to class1).
- Aligned with an AHA Training Center**
- A current ACLS Instructor card
- HeartCode BLS Certificate (if seeking concurrent BLS provider recertification.1 Note: For SCCAD employees, this is an absolute requirement).
- Registered with the AHA Instructor Network.
- Records demonstrating you have taught at least 4 classes during the current 2 year instructor certification period.
** Please note: If you do not plan to teach primarily within St. Charles County you must align as an instructor with another AHA training center. On the day of the class you will need to complete a transfer form to align with another site or bring the TC’s address and the TC Coordinator’s name
- Complete all prerequisites
- Attend the instructor renewal class
- Demonstrate BLS and ACLS provider skills with expert proficiency
- Pass the ACLS provider written examination
- Pass the ACLS instructor written examination
- Competently evaluate another student running a Megacode
- Complete any instructor updates as per the AHA (if applicable)
- For concurrent BLS provider recertification, you must also bring your HeartCode BLS completion certificate to class. This is an absolute requirement for SCCAD employees.For all others, the BLS portion is optional. Please note that to be considered valid, your HeartCode certificate must be no more than 6 months old at the time of the instructor class1
ACLS Instructor and BLS Provider certifications are valid for a period of 2 years. To maintain ACLS Instructor status, you must teach a minimum of 4 ACLS classes during your 2-year certification period prior to renewal. Your ACLS instructor card supersedes the ACLS provider card.
SCCAD will process certification cards within 20 working days after the completion of all course requirements.
And tell them The STL HERO NETWORK referred you!
|Date/Time:||Thu 5/23/2019 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM|
|Location:||St. Charles County Ambulance District Training Center|